HRCAV INSURANCE SCHEME
The HRCAV insurance scheme provides 24 hour personal accident and public liability insurance for Clubs and members. The policies are tailored to address the particular needs of our association and it’s members. An annual fee is levied to cover the cost of the program. The insurance summaries linked below provide details of the scope and level of cover.
While the HRCAV insurance provides a certain level of cover, individuals should consider their personal needs and seek advice if additional cover may be warranted. BJS Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd has been a trusted partner of the HRCAV for many years and understand the needs of our members. They are happy to assist if additional cover is being considered.
HRCAV Insurance Broker:
BJS Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd
Enquiries: Rachael Jones
Phone: (03) 9860 4234
Fax: (03) 9820 5664
INSURANCE SUMMARIES FOR 2017/18
RECENT ADDITIONS TO THE HRCAV POLICIES
HRCAV insurance does not cover members competing in events involving jumping, where the jumping height exceeds that of their assessed HRCAV level.
HRCAV insurance covers coaches teaching at HRCAV Club rallies and clinics.
Coaches are not covered whilst riding member’s horses at Club rallies and clinics.
The HRCAV cover does not extend to coaching of members outside Club rallies and clinics.
Our insurance broker, BJS Insurance Group, can provide a competitive quote for Equestrian Coach public/product liability and professional indemnity insurance. Click here for details. BJS coach insurance
DAY INSURANCE FOR NON MEMBERS
All non HRCAV members (with the exception of PCAV members) competing in HRCAV insured/approved unofficial events or participating in Club rallies or activities are required to purchase Day insurance which provides PL cover. Financial PCAV members are exempt from purchasing Day insurance but are required to sign a HRCAV Disclaimer Statement.
UNOFFICIAL AND OPEN EVENTS & NON MEMBER PARTICIPATION AT HRCAV CLUB ACTIVITIES
- Clubs may conduct unofficial events or classes subject to HRCAV approval.
- A copy of the event program must be submitted to the HRCAV at least 8 weeks prior to the closing date for entries.
- Where a proposed event is not covered by HRCAV rules, the Club is required to submit a program, a summary of the event concept and rules for conduct of the event at least 12 weeks prior to the closing date for entries.
- Clubs are required to comply with HRCAV rules for the conduct of events to the extent permitted by the approved event format.
- Open classes may be offered in cases where the HRCAV is satisfied that there is justification for doing so. Non HRCAV members competing in Open classes must be current EA or PC members and are required to satisfy the following requirements prior to riding:
a) produce an EA or PC membership card,
b) sign an HRCAV Disclaimer Statement and
c) EA Members – purchase Day Membership (see Rule 15)
- Open competitors in Navigation Rides are not required to be current EA or PCAV members but must satisfy other requirements of rule 5.
- At unofficial events involving jumping, competitors may not compete over jumping courses at a height greater than that indicated by their level of competency. PC and HRCAV members are required to present grading/performance cards to show proof of competency. EA members are required to complete a Declaration of Competency.
- Non HRCAV (Excluding Financial PCAV) members attending an HRCAV event, are required to purchase Day Membership from the Club organising committee prior to riding.
- HRCAV Day Membership shall entitle the rider to cover under the Association’s public liability policy from arrival at the event until departure. When events span more than one calendar day, Day Membership must be purchased for each day of attendance.
- The Club is required to forward a copy of the Day Membership Insurance Summary (Appendix 23) with non member’s details and relevant fees to the HRCAV within 7 days of the event or activity. Disclaimer Statements are to be retained by the Club for a period of 7 years and are to be produced in the event of a claim.
- Participation at Club rallies and activities should be limited to HRCAV members. Occasional non member participation is permitted, however individual non members must not attend on more than one occasion per annum and/or the Club must not conduct activities which include non members on a regular basis. Should non members attend a Club rally or activity they are required to sign an HRCAV Disclaimer Statement and purchase Day Membership from the Club. Financial PCAV members are exempt from purchasing Day Membership.
SEE LINKS BELOW FOR RELEVANT FORMS