Rallies, clinics and Club activities
From 23rd November 2020
Following are standard requirements for HRCAV rallies, clinics and Club activities.
- Review your CovidSafe plan to ensure it aligns with current requirements.
- Social distancing of 1.5m applies.
- 1 person per 4sqm density quotient is to be applied.
- Face masks are not mandatory when exercising outdoors. You should wear a face mask when in an enclosed area or when you cannot keep 1.5m distance from others. You must continue to carry a face mask at all times. You do not need to wear a facemask, if you have a lawful reason not to. You do not need to wear a face mask when riding in an indoor arena if you are out of breath.
- Record participants’ name/phone and time at venue.
- Group and participation limits are to be applied.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Encourage good hygiene.
- Check with venue owners/managers regarding venue specific requirements.
- Outdoor rallies, clinics and organised club activities may be held with groups of a maximum of 50 riders plus coach/s, support personnel and spectators subject to the density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm. Multiple groups must be separated by a reasonable distance. Maximum 500* at an outdoor venue subject to density quotient.
*While your capacity may increase, it is strongly recommended to still only run your sport within your capacity to deliver a COVIDSafe event (ie. just because you can increase numbers, we don’t recommend you do). While you can now have spectators on site, we recommend you only permit them if you can SAFELY manage them within a COVIDSafe framework.
- Indoor rallies, clinics and organised Club activities may be held with groups of 20 including the coach and spectators, subject to the density quotient.
- Communal change rooms, and toilets can open.
- Clubrooms and other facilities may be opened with a limit of 20 indoors subject to the density quotient. Display sign at entrance indicating limit.
- Canteens can open – takeaway only.
- Schedule activities to expedite participation and avoid overcrowding.
- Implement processes to streamline check-in, payments and bookings – avoiding unnecessary gatherings and double handling of items.
- Encourage use of hand sanitiser.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Disinfect equipment after handling.
- The CovidSafe app should be downloaded and active.
- Persons displaying any symptoms must not attend.
- Determine protocols if a person presents with symptoms.
- Appoint a Covid Safety officer to oversee activities.
Clubs may re-open locked grounds for training and exercise provided a booking system is in place to monitor usage and assist tracing. Rules in line with the requirements for rallies and group training are to be applied.