Rallies, clinics and Club activities
From 6th December 2020
UPDATED 19th MARCH 2021. Changes in italics
Updated 29th March 2021. Changes in bold type
Following are standard requirements for HRCAV rallies, clinics and Club activities.
- Review your CovidSafe plan to ensure it aligns with current requirements.
- Social distancing of 1.5m applies.
- Participant caps have been removed. Density quotients of 1 person per 2sqm apply to both indoor and outdoor activities.
- 2m distance between parked floats.
- Every second yard or stable to remain vacant – this requirement has been rescinded.
- Spectators and helpers are allowed.
- Face mask requirements as per current DHHS directives
- The free Victorian Government QR Code Service, or API linked digital system, must be used to maintain electronic record keeping from 26 March (a 28-day compliance amnesty will be in place until April 23). Link to Vic Govt QR code here
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Encourage good hygiene.
- Check with venue owners/managers regarding venue specific requirements.
- Communal change rooms, and toilets can open.
- Clubrooms and other facilities may be opened with a the number of persons inside limited to 1 person per 2sqm. A sign indicating the maximum number allowed should be posted at the entrance.
- Canteens can open – takeaway only.
- Schedule activities to expedite participation and avoid overcrowding.
- Implement processes to streamline check-in, payments and bookings – avoiding unnecessary gatherings and double handling of items.
- Encourage use of hand sanitiser.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Disinfect equipment after handling.
- The CovidSafe app should be downloaded and active.
- Persons displaying any symptoms must not attend.
- Determine protocols if a person presents with symptoms.
- Appoint a Covid Safety officer to oversee activities.
The approach of ride and leave, minimising unnecessary contact remains.
The protocol of minimum personnel to run the activity remains.
It is strongly recommended that you run your activity within your capacity to deliver a CovidSafe environment. Keep numbers at a manageable level.
Clubs may re-open locked grounds for training and exercise provided a booking system is in place to monitor usage and assist tracing. Rules in line with the requirements for rallies and group training are to be applied.