As at 11.59pm on 22nd November 2020
In Victoria, there are no restrictions on reasons to leave home and state wide travel is permitted. Check the current situation regarding border closures on government websites.
Non-Victorian Clubs should refer to their government website for any current restrictions affecting their ability to hold competitions.
Following are the standard requirements for hosting HRCAV competitions.
- Review your CovidSafe plan to ensure it is in line with current requirements.
- Social distancing of 1.5m between participants must be applied to all areas.
- 1 person per 4sqm density quotient to be applied.
- Face masks must be carried at all times at all times and worn indoors or when social distancing is not possible, except if the activity results in being out of breath or where an exemption applies.
- All attendees must register their name, mobile phone number and time of arrival.
- Group and participation limits are to be applied.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly
- Contact and non-contact competition is permitted.
- Competition may be held outdoors or indoors.
- Team competition – no more than the minimum number required for the sport plus officials and event personnel.
- Individual competition – no more than the minimum number required for the activity including officials and event personnel with a maximum of 500* subject to the density quotient. If a group/s needs to be formed – limit of 50 plus officials.
- Indoor competition – no more than 20 in a group, including officials and spectators with up to 150* are allowed in the facility subject to the density quotient.
*While your capacity may increase, it is strongly recommended to still only run your sport within your capacity to deliver a COVIDSafe event (ie. just because you can increase numbers, we don’t recommend you do). While you can now have spectators on site, we recommend you only permit them if you can SAFELY manage them within a COVIDSafe framework.
- Organising Committees are to timetable events to expedite participation and avoid crowding on site.
- Pre-entries only in accordance with competition requirements.
- Personnel, officials and volunteers are to be limited to the minimum required to run the event.
- Spectators are allowed.
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets can open.
- Other indoor facilities such as event office can open with a maximum of 20 in a space subject to the 4sqm rule. A sign indicating maximum number of people permitted in the space is to be posted at the entrance.
- There must be at least 4m clearance between parked floats and vehicles, including portable yards or other equipment associated with the float/vehicle.
- Alternate yards or stables must remain vacant.
- Persons who are sick or unwell or displaying any sign of sickness must not attend.
- Equipment to be cleaned after use. Minimise sharing of equipment.
- Venue dining facilities can open subject to the industry restart guidelines for hospitality. Canteens and kiosks – takeaway only.
- The CovidSafe app should be downloaded and active.
- If camping is permitted at the venue you can camp with up to 15 people subject to the density quotient. Campsites must be separated by a minimum distance of 4m.
- A Covid Safe Officer is to be appointed to oversee the event.
- The approach to equestrian competition is ‘get in, compete, get out’ minimising unnecessary contact at the event.
BE SAFE, CAUTIOUS & APPROPRIATE.