UPDATED 1st JANUARY 2022
- restrictions currently apply to sport (31/12/21). Density quotients and participant caps.
Note: Requirements for competitions can change. Follow current restrictions where they differ from information provided below.
Following are the minimum, standard requirements for hosting HRCAV competitions.
COVID SAFE PLAN
Your event CovidSafe plan must be forwarded to the HRCAV with your event program.
- Before the event, review your CovidSafe plan and checklist to ensure it is in line with current requirements.
- Appoint a CovidSafe Officer to implement the plan.
- Check with venue owners regarding venue specific requirements.
- It is strongly recommended that you only run your competition within your capacity to deliver a COVIDSafe event.
- Check vaccination requirements for participants at community sport events in your state.
DENSITY REQUIREMENTS AND PARTICIPANT CAPS
- Check if participant caps and density requirements for community sport apply in your state
REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS
- Use your state government QR code to register participants. An alternative system is required for those who cannot use the QR system
AVOID EXCESSIVE NUMBERS AND GATHERINGS
- Social distancing of 1.5m between participants must be applied in all areas.
- Timetable events to expedite participation and avoid crowding on site.
- Pre-entries only.
- Personnel, officials and volunteers – limited to the number needed to conduct the event.
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets can open. Check state density limits.
- Other indoor facilities such as event office can open. Avoid crowding. A sign indicating maximum number of people permitted in the space is to be posted at the entrance.
- Limit the number of people and interactions in enclosed areas where possible.
- Venue dining facilities can open subject to the industry restart guidelines for hospitality. Canteens and kiosks – takeaway only.
- If camping is permitted at the venue, government guidelines apply and campsites must be separated by a minimum distance of 2m.
- There must be at least 2m clearance between parked floats and vehicles, including portable yards or other equipment associated with the float/vehicle.
- Encourage use of hand sanitizer and have readily available on site.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Encourage good hygiene.
- Face mask requirements as per current DHHS directives
- Implement processes to streamline check-in.
- Implement processes to limit double handling of paper work, prizes, dressage tests etc.
- Implement processes to avoid unnecessary gatherings.
- ‘No card’ events are recommended.
- Pre entries only.
- Persons who are sick or unwell or displaying any sign of sickness must not attend.
- Determine protocols if a person presents with symptoms or develops symptoms on site.
GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS
- Clear CovidSafe signage is to be used around the venue.
- Include a link to the CovidSafe Standard Conditions of entry on your event program.
- Brief all event personnel on your CovidSafe plan
BE SAFE, CAUTIOUS AND APPROPRIATE