POSTED 23rd JULY 2021
Restrictions can change daily.
Restrictions apply in NSW, SA and Victoria. Check your state govt website to determine whether local sport is permitted.
POSTED 16th JULY 2021
From 11.59pm Thursday 15th July – no competitions allowed in Victoria
Note: Requirements for competitions can change. Follow current restrictions where they differ from information provided below.
In Victoria, there are no restrictions on reasons to leave home and state wide travel is permitted. Check the current situation regarding border closures on government websites.
Non-Victorian Clubs should refer to their government website for any current restrictions affecting their ability to hold competitions.
Following are the minimum, standard requirements for hosting HRCAV competitions.
COVID SAFE PLAN
- Review your CovidSafe plan and checklist to ensure it is in line with current requirements.
- Appoint a CovidSafe Officer to oversee the event and monitor compliance with the plan.
- Check with venue owners regarding venue specific requirements.
- If the maximum capacity of the venue is more than 500, the venue must publish a CovidSafe plan on-line.
PARTICIPANT CAPS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Social distancing of 1.5m between participants must be applied in all areas.
- Participant caps – check current particpant caps and density requirements
- You must monitor the number of participants (riders, support persons, volunteers, spectators, officials) at all times to ensure compliance with your density quotient.
- While your capacity may increase, it is strongly recommended to still only run your competition within your capacity to deliver a COVIDSafe event (ie. just because you can increase numbers, we don’t recommend you do). While you can now have spectators on site, we recommend you only permit them if you can SAFELY manage them within a COVIDSafe framework.
REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS
- The free Victorian Government QR Code Service, or API linked digital system, must be used to maintain electronic record keeping from 26 March (a 28-day compliance amnesty will be in place until April 23). Link to Vic Govt QR code here
- Participants to be encouraged to download and activate the CovidSafe app.
AVOID EXCESSIVE NUMBERS AND GATHERINGS
- Timetable events to expedite participation and avoid crowding on site.
- Maintain a ‘get in, compete, get out’ approach to competition, minimising unnecessary contact at the event.
- Pre-entries only.
- Personnel, officials and volunteers – limited to the number needed to conduct the event.
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets can open. A density quotient of 1 per 4sqm applies
- Other indoor facilities such as event office can open subject to the 4sqm rule. A sign indicating maximum number of people permitted in the space is to be posted at the entrance.
- Take steps to limit the number of people and interactions in enclosed areas.
- Venue dining facilities can open subject to the industry restart guidelines for hospitality. Canteens and kiosks – takeaway only.
- If camping is permitted at the venue, government guidelines apply and campsites must be separated by a minimum distance of 2m.
- There must be at least 2m clearance between parked floats and vehicles, including portable yards or other equipment associated with the float/vehicle.
- The requirement to use alternating yards or stables has been rescinded.
- Equipment to be cleaned after use. Minimise sharing of equipment.
- Encourage use of hand sanitizer and have readily available on site.
- Common use areas and surfaces are to be cleaned regularly. Encourage good hygiene.
- Face mask requirements as per current DHHS directives
- Implement processes to streamline check-in.
- Implement processes to limit double handling of paper work, prizes, dressage tests etc.
- Implement processes to avoid unnecessary gatherings.
- ‘No Card’ events are permitted.
- Persons who are sick or unwell or displaying any sign of sickness must not attend.
- Determine protocols if a person presents with symptoms or develops symptoms on site.
GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS
- Clear CovidSafe signage is to be used around the venue.
- Include a link to the CovidSafe Standard Conditions of entry on your event program.
- Brief all event personnel on your CovidSafe plan
BE SAFE, CAUTIOUS AND APPROPRIATE